Who We Are
The Friends of the Lubbock Public Library, Inc. (FOL), was incorporated in 1967 as a non-profit organization. We devote our time and efforts to financially contributing to the Lubbock Library System and promoting its many programs.
Friends of the Library Mission Statement
The purpose of FOL shall be:
- to maintain an association of persons interested in the Library;
- to focus attention on the Library and promote its use in the community;
- to receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the Library;
- to support and cooperate with the Library in developing library services and facilities for the community;
- to create an awareness of the services offered by the Lubbock public Library System;
- and to promote reading in the community.
FOL received its Charter June 12, 1967.
What We Fund
Proceeds from our book sales go to fund programs for the Lubbock Library System. Areas of funding include:
- Library promotion
- Library improvements
- Children’s programs
- Technical services and supplies
- General programming support
- Lease book program
- Collecting management programs
- Audio and eBook purchases
- Staff education
- The Genealogical Society
- Literacy Lubbock