Who We Are
The Friends of the Lubbock Public Library, Inc. (FOL), was incorporated in 1967 as a non-profit organization. We devote our time and efforts to financially contributing to the Lubbock Library System and promoting its many programs.
Friends of the Library Mission Statement
The purpose of FOL shall be:
- to maintain an association of persons interested in the Library;
- to focus attention on the Library and promote its use in the community;
- to receive and encourage gifts, endowments and bequests to the Library;
- to support and cooperate with the Library in developing library services and facilities for the community;
- to create an awareness of the services offered by the Lubbock public Library System; and
- to promote reading in the community.
FOL received its Charter June 12, 1967.
What We Fund
Proceeds from our book sales go to fund programs for the Lubbock Library System. Areas of funding include:
- Library improvements, programs, and promotions
- Children’s programs
- Technical services and supplies
- Collection management programs
- Maker Space
- Staff education
- South Plains Genealogical Society
- Literacy Lubbock
- Audio and eBook purchases (Libby)